Tongari Den Den Mushi is the leader of Tongari Island and the central guide figure for guests at Tokyo One Piece Tower. He lives in an underground cave. From his island, he watches over the Straw Hat Pirates and the rest of the world and tells the story to the island's residents and visitors.
Tongari is the de facto mascot of Tokyo One Piece Tower.
Tongari a yellow Den Den Mushi with orange speckles, a large purple pointed mustache, and a long purple goatee. He also has a pointed, orange and white striped shell, which is very different than the typical round shell of a Den Den Mushi.
At night, Tongari wears sky blue-colored pajamas and a nightcap with a fluffy ball on top.
Tongari pretends to be forgetful and mumbles when he is asked something inconvenient. He also somewhat enjoys getting scolded by strict women.
Tongari is a very slow talker, is afraid of heights, and gets seasick easily. He also enjoys singing to himself.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Tongari has the ability to look at very far places, allowing him to watch over the Straw Hat Pirates and the rest of the world. Tongari is also very slow at walking.
As the current holder of Tongari Island's special psychic wave with the ability to amplify the power of Haki, Tongari has the power to channel the power as he sees fit. The power is activated through strong bonds of friendship, like the one held by the Straw Hat Pirates.
For generations, Tongari Island harbored a special power that was handed down for generations and was given to Tongari Den Den Mushi.
The Great Tongari Island Treasure Hunting AdventureEdit
Tongari Den Den Mushi was sleeping in a treasure chest when the Straw Hat Pirates opened it, hoping to find treasure. Tongari Den Den Mushi woke up and comment on how nice his nap was, but he was quickly shaken awake by a frustrated Nami. Nami held Tongari Den Den Mushi by the top of his shell while accusing Law of lying to them before a large Seastone cage fell from above and trapped them.
Franky shot the Gaon Cannon into the cave, destroying the cage and causing Tongari Den Den Mushi to bounce around in the rubble. He ended up nearby Luffy, who was confronting Law for lying. Nami called Luffy through Tongari Den Den Mushi and warned him to run away. Tongari watched as Luffy and Law fought, and right before they were going to clash again, Bepo spoke through Tongari to inform Law that their crew had been saved by Nami, Robin, Usopp and Chopper.
Law and Luffy turned to face Kizaru, who had tricked Law into helping him, and when the two clashed with the admiral, Tongari began to glow, along with the rest of the island's Den Den Mushi. Their energy was channeled through the island's central tower, and the light emitted from it contracted into a beam that gave Luffy and Law enough power to overwhelm Kizaru.
- Tongari's favorite food is rice crackers, and his hobby is songwriting.
- Tongari's motto in is "Once in a lifetime experience" (一期一会 Ichigoichie?), a Japanese idiom refers to the value of traditional Tea Ceremony.
- Tongari is the central figure of a promotional Twitter account for Tokyo One Piece Tower. The account often tweets photos of Tongari merchandise next to different attractions, with actors from One Piece Live Attraction shows and events, and with cosplayers.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Tongari Den Den Mushi is detailed.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Great Tongari Island Treasure Hunting Adventure, Tongari Den Den Mushi's power helps Luffy and Law defeat Kizaru.