Tonjit is one of the nomads who lives on Long Ring Long Land.
Tonjit is an elderly man, with wrinkles and a round white beard. He has small round eyes, a round nose, and is missing one tooth. He has a purple-brown hat, with brown fur lining, and brown cloth on the sides. He wears a yellow tunic, with green lining with a circle design on the end of the sleeves, and side of the chest. He has a purple sash, with a red string hanging down. He wears purple shoes, held on by white strings, and grey on the toe area. He also wears vertical zigzag striped purple and tan pants.
Twenty two years ago, he wore the same clothes, but had a less wrinkled face, and a shorter beard, which was black. He also had not lost his tooth yet.
Long Ring Long Land Arc
Years later, Tonjit was trapped on a pair of very tall stilts for ten years, causing him to be separated from the rest of the nomads. After the Straw Hat Pirates got him down, he lamented that he could not get to the rest of the nomads because of the high tides, but was nonetheless reunited with his long horse, Shelly. Shelly however was later captured by Foxy, which prompted the Davy Back Fight between the Straw Hat Pirates and the Foxy Pirates. After Luffy finally beat Foxy, Admiral Aokiji appeared and used his Devil Fruit powers to freeze all of the water on the island for a week, allowing Tonjit to ride his horse Shelly across the water in order to meet up with his clan.
From The Decks of the World
He was able to reunite with the rest of the nomads and was seen reading the news about the Straw Hats while his grandchildren are playing around him.
- Tonjit's clothing, nomadic lifestyle, his horse, and his dwelling in a yurt seems to be based on the lifestyles of the nomadic peoples of Mongolia.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 304 and Episode 207.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 118) , Tonjit's birthday is given.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 0 Chapter 0 and Episode 0.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 66 Chapter 650, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 33.