Tsunagoro is a thin man with a long face and light colored hair. He has a signature double chonmage, while the rest of his hair falls down his face, covering his right eye. He is constantly seen with a sinister grin and twig in his mouth.
Being a yakuza boss, he had the respect of his followers from Hakumai, as well as the other yakuza bosses of his time, being able to work alongside them. He seems to highly respect Hyogoro and would threaten those who offend the elder as well as obey his commands.
Abilities and Powers
He was shown using a knife while attempting to dismember Monkey D. Luffy and wielding a katana when about to execute Omasa to prevent the latter from fully succumbing to the Ice Oni disease, but has not employed either for actual combat yet.
At a certain point in his past, he became the yakuza boss of the Hakumai region of Wano Country. After the Beasts Pirates took over the country, he opposed them and ended up in the Prisoner Mine in Udon. He was put to work in the Iron Factory.
Four Emperors Saga
Wano Country Arc
Tsunagoro was working in the Iron Factory when O-Lin rampaged through the prison and the Beasts Pirates tried to call for help.
After Monkey D. Luffy led a rebellion in the prison, Tsunagoro was freed with the rest of the prisoners. The yakuza bosses later approached Hyogoro to show him respect, and upon seeing Luffy's casual way of addressing Hyogoro, they tried to punish Luffy, only to be stopped by Hyogoro. The bosses then let Luffy go and left to recruit their followers from across Wano.
On the day of the Fire Festival, the alliance began the raid on Onigashima and the rebels successfully infiltrated the island. After the Red Scabbards launched a surprise attack on Kaidou, the rebels waged an all-out war on the Beasts Pirates. Tsunagoro fought alongside Hyogoro at the Live Floor.
As Tony Tony Chopper began mass-producing the antidote for the Ice Oni virus, the yakuza bosses volunteered to guard him. As Omasa was succumbing to the virus again, he requested Tsunagoro to end his life. However, Chopper managed to successfully mass-produce the antidote and cure all the infected, including Omasa.
- During Hyogoro's monologue about the yakuza bosses imprisoned in Udon, Tsunagoro is the only one whose silhouette matches his appearance, while the rest had their appearance altered.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 947 (p. 8) and Episode 946, Tsunagoro is seen in the Iron Factory.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 16) and Episode 937, Hyogoro talks about the yakuza bosses.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 952 (p. 8-10) and Episode 953, Tsunagoro is introduced.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 100 Chapter 1006 (p. 11).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 955 (p. 10) and Episode 956.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 98 Chapter 991 (p. 2) and Episode 1002.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 99 Chapter 998 (p. 6) and Episode 1012.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 100 Chapter 1007 (p. 3, 9-10).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 16).