Ukkari is a short man. He wears the standard Marine uniform: a white sleeveless shirt and hat.
East Blue Saga
Romance Dawn Arc
He lightly scratched Morgan's statue as he was raising it up. Morgan decided to kill him for the scratch, but before Morgan was able to do so, Luffy showed up on the roof and accidentally destroyed the statue.
When Morgan was defeated, Ukkari cheered alongside his fellow Marines.
Translation and Dub Issues
His name is a katakana rendition of the Japanese term for "careless" (浮かり Ukari?, lit. "floaty"). Viz Media's official One Piece translator Stephen Paul informally translated this as "Carelesso", which was later adopted by Shueisha's official website for the 7th popularity poll.
- The manga would later use a pure-hiragana rendition of "Ukkari" (うっかり?) as Gedatsu's catchphrase, referencing both his fighting style and his bizarre personality. This, in turn, led to the naming of Ukkari Hot-Spring Island.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 4 and Episode 2, Ukkari makes his debut.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0039), Ukkari's birthday is revealed.
- One Piece Blue: Grand Data File (p. 37), Ukkari's name is revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 4 (p. 13-17) and Episode 2, Ukkari scratches Captain Morgan's statue.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 1 Chapter 7, The marines cheer when Morgan is defeated.
- See One Piece World Top 100's East Blue section.