Hey there! Sorry, we don't mean to scare you, but you are not allowed to upload any of the following:
- Fanart of any kind.
- Pictures not related to One Piece.
- Duplicate images.
- Videos of any kind, including videos from Youtube or similar sites.
- .jpg, .JPG, or .JPEG image formats. .png is the preferred format.
- Images with no source provided.
- Images with no licensing or images without proper licensing.
- Images that have not been categorized or images without proper categories (Including categories for the source, such as Category:Chapter Images or Category:Episode Images).
- Images with poor file names that do not reflect the content of the picture. Random numbers and letters should not be used in file names.
- Scanlation or translated images with English text.
- Images that are not used for an article on this wiki (user pages and blogs are not considered articles).
- Any images that violate any of the additional rules listed in the complete Image Guidelines.
For tips on how to upload a picture for the wiki correctly, check out this step-by-step instruction.
If you want to use pictures in your profile or blogs please use those that are already on the wiki or upload your images on another wiki. (See this blog for more details on how to do this).
Please read the Image Guidelines before uploading any more images to the wiki. If you have any questions about these rules, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.
|Your recent edit has been construed as vandalism. Please check our Vandalism Guidelines, and General Rules to avoid making further problems on the One Piece Wiki that could possibly lead to a ban. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.|
It's recommended to throw away socks after a year 19:36, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
Re:Anime and Manga
We use whichever image is considered the best in each scenario. Anime has color, but often lacks quality, details or effects, and can't do multiple panels at once. So in cases where those are significant factors, manga is usually preferred. If people have a disagreement about the images, then we resolve it with a talk page discussion. Awaikage Talk 03:55, January 2, 2016 (UTC)
re:Japanese vs English names?
Because One Piece's origin is Japanese, we want to keep it authentic as much as possible. Using official dubs does take away the authenticity, and their translations are sometimes incorrect (such as their mistaking Shiliew's name and without changing it after it has been romanized). They don't directly translate things, rather they modify it at times (such as Amande's epithet changed from "Demon Lady" to "Mad Moiselle").02:02, February 16, 2018 (UTC)
We had a discussion for Seastone and in the end, we voted "Seastone" over "Kairoseki". "Devil Fruit" is just like a description of the general concept, like "Pirate" (we don't change it to "Kaizoku"). Usually, we keep it in Japanese for more of techniques ("Oni Giri", "Shigan", etc.). When in doubt, however, we usually use discussions to clear it out, and then choose usually via polls. Don't remember how Seastone got more popularity over Kairoseki. 23:52, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
Talk pages are better for this stuff. It doesn't matter if they convey the same meaning. One translation is more accurate than the other. If we went by what Viz did entirely then we would also have articles named wrong such as names being translated like Nekomamushi SeaTerror (talk) 07:57, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
It's a name. Names do not get translated. Otherwise people in general would be known as their literal meanings not the actual name. I wouldn't be able to something like that. It's just a translation vs a localization. SeaTerror (talk) 18:54, January 15, 2019 (UTC)
re: Official translation vs fan translation
- "In this world... There are many horrible things that you do not want to see."
- "The world of men ... is full of filthy things not worth layin' eyes upon."
The original Japanese text does not contain the words equivalent for "world of men" and "worth layin' eyes upon". I’m afraid that I can’t help you much since I'm not a professional translator. --Klobis (talk) 04:33, February 3, 2019 (UTC)