No idea, could you give me examples? You mean stuff like oo vs ou vs ō? I don't really edit here anymore either, I just kind of float around coming and going at this point 21:58, December 11, 2016 (UTC)
Ah. The rule goes:
- Macrons (like ō) are used for Japanese direct romanizations (like in the Raizo info box, we list Raizō where it says 'Romanization' and in the Poneglyph article we mention the romanization 'Rōdo Pōnegurifu' next to its Japanese writing.)
- Everywhere else, we don't use macrons. Like titles, mentions in articles, etc.
Hope that makes sense. 22:10, December 11, 2016 (UTC)
Unblock me on Narutopedia
It was decided in Talk:Devil Fruit#Gas Gas and Bis Bis to not format DF names that are based on English words into an English spelling, keeping them consistent with the other DF names that are based on Japanese words and sound effects. So I do see what you mean with the attack name specifically, but I would say it's different from the DF name since any kana provided with an attack name is always to spell out a non-Japanese word (though I could be wrong, correct me if I am). Hopes this helps. Kaido King of the Beasts (talk) 00:32, December 9, 2018 (UTC)
Ohhh, I see. I've always edited with the sidebar opened, and the text fits well there. So I don't know if you have any specific reason/preference to edit with the sidebar closed, but if you do then unfortunately I'd have to say finding and dealing with it is probably beyond my realm of expertise. Kaido King of the Beasts (talk) 00:04, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
Ruby and Nami's techniques
Hello there. Looks like I have neglected putting Ruby into Nami's Weather Art techniques. Thank you for putting them!
As for your question, from what I have checked, it's not in all, but some of Nami's Weather Art-techniques does have "=" in their Japanese names. I'll try to check which techniques have that later. --JouXIII (talk) 18:40, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
- Heyo, nice to see that you're still around. Wikis are a good way to procrastinate a bachelor's thesis :D
- I've actually never seen a "=" being used before, especially in such a context. I suppose it's meant to be a hyphen? Anyway, I don't have the raws of OP, so I can't doublecheck. :/ • Seelentau 愛 議 19:14, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm around, just not much around on Narutopedia.
- Well, usually I just search Japanese names of techniques/terms used in One Piece, and usually I find images of those technique in Japanese(for example, if I search サイクロン=テンポ(Nami's Cyclone Tempo), I can find images like this. --JouXIII (talk) 19:39, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
- Hum, but the unicode symbol we use here is still wrong. ＝ isn't ゠. • Seelentau 愛 議 19:44, December 10, 2018 (UTC)
Hey! Thanks for the edits, but I'd recommend getting a bot in order to avoid flooding wiki activity and recent changes. If you make one, I can ask Awaikage to get a bot flag on it. Kaido King of the Beasts (talk) 21:58, December 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I didn't think it would take this long^^ I'm not sure if I can continue using my account normally if it's a bot. If not, I have a second account I can use for bot work. • Seelentau 愛 議 22:01, December 11, 2018 (UTC)