Usopp Pirates was comprised of three village children who joined Usopp in telling lies and other assorted mischief.
The Usopp Pirates were formed five years before the start of the story. They joined Usopp in telling lies to the people of their hometown, Syrup Village, during that time.
Syrup Village Arc
They later assist Kaya in her escape when Captain Kuro planned to kill her. They did this mainly by running and hiding from Jango, whom Kuro sent to make Kaya leave everything to him in her will. The pirates had a tearful disbandment when Usopp decided to leave and become a real pirate. The trio announced their goals to their life, and Usopp suggested that they not let the fire of their ambitions burn out. The children decided to continue Usopp's lies of "Pirates are coming" to their town.
The former members of Usopp Pirates (Ninjin, Tamanegi, and Piman) were seen again after Enies Lobby was raided, reacting to Usopp's new bounty. Even though it said "Sogeking" and he was wearing a mask, they could recognize him because of his nose.
Two Years Later
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- The 4Kids version of the crew's name is obviously a reference to the vegetable theme apparent in the crew members' names and appearances (carrot, onion, and pepper), with the exception of the captain.
- Though they had a proper flag, they are a group that never set sail but only played pirates effectively, thus are not enemies of the World Government, except their captain who became a real pirate with a bounty.
- When Jora transformed Brook into a piece of art, he resembled the crew's Jolly Roger.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 5 Chapter 41 and Episode 17, Usopp disbands the crew and sets off as a true pirate.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 8, Usopp Pirates read about their captain's return.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 72 Chapter 714, Brook's art form resembles the Usopp Pirates' jolly roger.