|Ahoy! This here is the 21st Featured Article.
"Very Good" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Very Good is a large Marine with a black afro. He has the word 'Marine' tattooed across his chin and an x-shaped scar on the right side of his forehead. He wears the usual Marine clothes and he is relatively round in shape.
Personality[edit | edit source]
As a Marine, Very Good has a strong sense of justice. It is unknown whether he believes in moral justice or absolute justice.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
As a marine officer, he has command over lower-ranking marines. Since he is a marine captain and a Devil Fruit user, it could be assumed that he is quite strong.
Devil Fruit[edit | edit source]
- Further information: Beri Beri no Mi
Very Good has the power of the Beri Beri no Mi, a Paramecia-class Devil Fruit that allows him to separate his body into several berry-shaped orb parts. It is shown that the ability is immune to blunt physical attacks such as punches.
History[edit | edit source]
Enies Lobby Arc[edit | edit source]
When a Buster Call attack was accidentally ordered on Enies Lobby by Spandam, Very Good joined the Marine forces sent to bombard the judiciary island. During the operation, Very Good, along with all of those of the rank Marine captains and above, were sent to attack the Straw Hats on the Bridge of Hesitation. Very Good faced off against Franky and was shattered by Franky's Strong Hammer. Despite their best efforts however, Very Good and his fellow Marines weren't able to stop the Straw Hats from escaping. Having an important World Government island completely destroyed without stopping even one of the invaders, Very Good and his fellow Marines suffered a humiliating defeat.
CP9's Independent Report[edit | edit source]
After some time passed since the incident in Enies Lobby, Very Good was seen leading a group of Marines and Government agents onto the homeland of CP9 in order to capture the failed government unit, CP9. His forces soon found the group. However, the force was utterly defeated and Very Good himself was left literally in pieces. After defeating him, CP9 abandoned him (though still split apart) in their homeland, and his current condition remains unknown.
Major Battles[edit | edit source]
Anime and Manga Differences[edit | edit source]
In the anime, Very Good antagonized Franky much longer, pinning him down with his rapid-bouncing until Zoro batted the segments of Very Good's body into the distance, leaving Franky free to grab his head and blast him into the side of a battleship.
Translation and Dub Issues[edit | edit source]
His name is a pun on the Japanese pronunciation of "very" being the same as "berry" (for his Devil Fruit power).
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Video Games[edit | edit source]
Support Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 426 and Episode 309, Very Good makes his debut.
- One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 157) , Very Good's birthday is given.
- One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements (p. 153) , Very Good's name is revealed.
- One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements (p. 224) , The name of Very Good's Devil Fruit is revealed.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 47 (p. 46).
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 44 Chapter 426.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 44 Chapter 429.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 53 Chapter 521, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 27, Very Good leads a group of Marines and Agents to capture CP9.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 53 Chapter 522, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 28, Very Good's forces encounter the CP9.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 54 Chapter 528, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 33, Pieces of Very Good remain on island.
[edit | edit source]