Volume 18 is titled "Introducing Ace".
Cover and Volume Illustration
The cover has a dark orange background. The title and author's name are written in a lime green spectrum gradient.
Portgas D. Ace is featured in the foreground. Behind him are shots of the Straw Hat Pirates in their desert travel clothes as they brave the Arabastan desert: Nami with Matsuge in the upper panel, the males of the crew suffering from the desert heat in the middle one and Nefertari Vivi with a kung-fu dugong in the lower one.
The spine features Ace and Luffy.
- 0156. Okama Weather (オカマ日和 Okama Biyori?): The Straw Hats meet Baroque Works' Mr. 2 Bon Kurei.
- 0157. Introducing Ace (エース登場 Ēsu Tōjō?): As the Straw Hats reach Arabasta, Smoker encounters Portgas D. Ace of the Whitebeard Pirates in a restaurant.
- 0158. Landing in Arabasta (上陸のアラバスタ Jōriku no Arabasuta?): Luffy inadvertently interrupts Smoker and Ace's battle and reunites with his big brother.
- 0159. Come On (来いよ Koi yo?): After escaping from the Marines, Luffy introduces Ace to his crew.
- 0160. Spiders Cafe at 8 O'Clock (スパイダーズカフェに８時 Supaidāzu Kafe ni Hachi-ji?): As the Straw Hats head to Yuba, the Baroque Works officer agents gather to meet Crocodile.
- 0161. The Green City Erumalu (緑の町エルマル Midori no Machi Erumaru?): The Straw Hats see how Crocodile has put much of Arabasta into a drought as part of his coup plan.
- 0162. Adventure in the Kingdom of Sand (砂の国の冒険 Suna no Kuni no Bōken?): The Straw Hats reach Yuba after a long and hard journey.
- 0163. Yuba, the Town of Rebels (反乱軍の町ユバ Hanran-Gun no Machi Yuba?): The Straw Hats only find an old man left at Yuba, and Vivi remembers her past with the current rebel leader Koza.
- 0164. I Love This Country (国が好き Kuni ga Suki?): More of Vivi's past is shown.
- 0165. Operation Utopia (作戦名ユートピア Sakusenmei Yūtopia?): The officer agents meet with Crocodile, who unveils his plan to take over Arabasta.
- 0166. Luffy vs. Vivi (ルフィ
vsビビ Rufi Bāsasu Bibi?): Crocodile learns that the Straw Hats are still alive and moving. Meanwhile, Luffy and Vivi argue over how to stop the impending war.
- The Rankings of the Baroque Works females by name is based on feelings of happiness (the highest is "All-Sunday" since every Sunday of the year is a day off; the second being New Years; the third being Bon; etc.)
- Miss Doublefinger's name is also explained in association with New Years: it is one finger on each hand thus "doublefinger" or 1/1 or January 1)
- If one refrains from bowing before a hiking bear, they will be subjugated to sitting in the traditional Japanese position for one hour. People have experienced massive leg cramps while undergoing this torture.
|← Previous Volume||Next Volume →|
|Movie 8 (remake)|