Volume 66 is titled "The Road Toward the Sun".
Cover and Volume Illustration
In the colored cover, the background is yellow and the title logo is printed in a clear color, burnt gold, and red. The author's name is in dark red.
The front cover features Jinbe and Luffy sitting back to back, with Shirahoshi holding her pinky finger up behind them. Smoker and Tashigi are on the left, while Tamago and Pekoms are on the right. There are bubbles and corals in the background, and a large rainbow behind the One Piece logo.
On the spine, the skull mark is light green, and Luffy and Tamago are featured.
For the volume illustration on page 3, an excited Luffy is in the air with his legs crossed. He wears a typical traveler's outfit, and wears a crown and some jewelry on top of his straw hat. There is what seems to be a rolled-up map and a beaded necklace in his left hand, and a handgun hangs from the small traveling bag he carries. Another beaded necklace is also sticking out from his vest pocket.
(Translator's Note: Text in image says "I wonder what I should mix together today--". "Capricious Man" is printed on his hat.)
- 647. Stop, Noah (止まれノア Tomare Noa?) All of the New Fish-Man Pirates are defeated, and Shirahoshi stops the arc Noah from falling down on Fish-Man Island with the aid of the Sea Kings.
- 648. The Road Toward the Sun (タイヨウへと続く道 Taiyō e to Tsuzuku Michi?) The Sea Kings carry Noah to the Sea Forest while it is discovered that Luffy has lost a large amount of blood at which he gets a transfusion from Jinbe, and invites him to join the crew after the transfusion.
- 649. The Dance of Sea Breams and Flounders (タイやヒラメの舞い踊り Tai ya Hirame no Maiodori?) The human slaves have been freed, and the New Fish-Man Pirates receive their punishments while the Straw Hat Pirates party at the Ryugu Palace, where Robin concludes that Shirahoshi is the ancient weapon Poseidon.
- 650. Two Changes to Be Aware Of (知っておくべき2つの変化 Shitteokubeki Futatsu no Henka?) Jinbe tells the Straw Hat Pirates about what happened in the world during the timeskip, while Caribou attempts to kidnap Shirahoshi but is then sent flying out by Luffy, Sanji and Zoro.
- 651. A Voice From the New World (新世界からの声 Shin Sekai kara no Koe?) Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro recover the treasure stolen by Caribou, then encounter Pekoms and Tamago of the Big Mom Pirates. Luffy then gives up the treasure to Big Mom in exchange of leaving Fish-Man Island alone, and then declares war on her.
- 652. Grim Premonitions (前途多難の予感 Zento Tanan no Yokan?) It is revealed that the treasure given to Big Mom contains a bomb that will explode when opened.
- 653. The Hero Hat (ヒーローの帽子 Hīrō no Bōshi?) The Straw Hat Pirates departs Fish-Man Island and is now on their way to the New World.
- 654. GAM (
GAM(小群) Gamu (Shōgun)?) The Straw Hat Pirates enjoy their trip upwards, and once they arrive at the surface, they see the outrageous conditions of the New World.
- 655. Punk Hazard (パンクハザード Panku Hazādo?) The Straw Hat Pirates are on a sea of fire when they get a distress call from an island called Punk Hazard. Luffy, Zoro, Robin and Usopp go to check out the island.
- 656. Adventure on the Burning Island (燃える島の冒険 Moeru Shima no Bōken?) The Punk Hazard group battles a dragon while the Thousand Sunny group are kidnapped, leaving Brook alone.
Number of fan-drawn SBS Headers featured: 6
- Hody's back fin is detachable.
- Chopper can transform in 6 different forms without needing to eat a Rumble Ball, but still need to eat one to transform to Monster Point.
- Oda reveals the Straw Hat Pirates's blood types.
- Perona, Cindry, Hogback, and Absalom are drawn as children.
Usopp Gallery Pirates
- Located on pages 202-209.
- Total number of fan submissions featured: 48 (+2 mailing address posters)
Grand Prize: Kobayashi, Seido [小林正道] (Gunma, Japan)
|Magazine Version||Volume Version||Explanation|
|Chapter 650, page 17.|
Correction: Fixed "Bokoms" (ボコムズ) to "Pekoms" (ペコムズ).
|Chapter 653, page 15.|
Correction: Switched Shirahoshi's left hand and right hand for consistency with the pinky promise.
|Chapter 654, page 16.|
Correction: Fixed the mistake in the lyrics for Binks' Sake from "island" (島) to "bird" (鳥).
"K(otoshi,) E(iga) Y(aruyo!!) Corner" (lit. "We're doing a movie this year!! segment") is located on page 213. Here, the author provides some information on the next movie. On the following 2 pages, there is a large movie teaser provided that reveals the creators of the movie and a silhouette of Z himself.
- Titled Coloring book segment [ぬり絵のコーナー], a self-colorable illustration of the Supernovas is provided on page 122.
- On the inside back cover of this volume, Pandaman can be found jumping onto (attacking) the back of a stretched out version of the unnamed easter egg introduced on the alternate cover of Volume 52. This is a continuation of an easter egg series that has been featured on the alternate back covers of volumes 25-70.
|← Previous Volume||Next Volume →|
|Fish-Man Island Arc|
|Punk Hazard Arc|