Volume 89 is titled "Bad End Musical".
Cover and Volume Illustration
The cover is orange, the title logo is checkered lavender and periwinkle, and transparent, and the author's name is written in lavender. The cover features Luffy's Snakeman form and Katakuri trading final blows during their battle in the Mirro-World.
- 890. Big Mom on Deck (船の上のビッグ・マム Fune no Ue no Biggu Mamu?): Using their abilities, the Sunny crew manages to put together a counterattack to repel Big Mom.
- 891. Believing in Me (信じられてる Shinjirareteru?): Luffy stands his ground against Katakuri despite being overpowered, and Sanji's team finishes the wedding cake.
- 892. Recognized as Strong Opponents (強敵認定 Kyōteki Nintei?): Bege keeps the cake and lures Big Mom to it, while Sanji reunites with his crew and they go to Cacao Island, which is under military occupation.
- 893. 36th Daughter of the Charlotte Family - Flampe (C (シャーロット) 家36女フランペ Shārotto-ke Sanjūroku-jo Furanpe?): Katakuri's sister Flampe interferes in his fight, allowing him to hit Luffy with devastating blows. However, after finding out about her interference, Katakuri wounds himself to compensate and sees Luffy as his equal.
- 894. 12:05 AM (0時5分 Rei-ji Go-fun?): Time ticks down as Big Mom gets closer to eating the cake and the Straw Hats get closer to Cacao Island. Luffy activates a new form of Gear Fourth known as Snakeman.
- 895. Pirate Luffy vs. Commander Katakuri (海賊ルフィ vs 将星カタクリ Kaizoku Rufi Bāsasu Shōsei Katakuri?): Revealing the powers of Snakeman, Luffy fights Katakuri ferociously and their battle approaches its end.
- 896. The Last Request (最後のお願い Saigo no Onegai?): Luffy defeats Katakuri and prepares to head out to Cacao Island as an army of Big Mom Pirates waits to ambush him.
- 897. Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan (ペコムズのカカオ島脱出作戦 Pekomuzu no Kakao-tō Dasshutsu Sakusen?): With the help of Pekoms and Sanji, Luffy gets through the Big Mom Pirates' ambush, but the trio still find themselves overwhelmed until Germa 66 arrives.
- 898. We'll Definitely Return (必ず戻る Kanarazu Modoru?): Sanji's siblings help Sanji and Luffy get through the Big Mom Pirates and return to the Sunny.
- 899. The Last Stand (最後の砦 Saigo no Toride?): Bege drops off the wedding cake for Big Mom to eat, and Germa 66 and the Sun Pirates help the Straw Hats against the Big Mom Pirates' fleet.
- 900. Bad End Musical (BADEND MUSICAL Baddoendo Myūjikaru?): Big Mom eats the wedding cake as her forces overwhelm the Straw Hats and their allies.
- Crocodile and Daz Bonez' favorite and least favorite foods are revealed.
- Charlotte Noisette is identified and his position in the Charlotte Family and Totto Land is revealed.
- Charlotte Flampe's ranking of the Charlotte Family's king of older brothers, older sisters, younger brothers, and younger sisters.
- Charlotte Smoothie's Devil Fruit's name is revealed to be the Shibo Shibo no Mi.
- Luffy and Ace's appearances at the ages of 40 and 60 years old are shown. There were also versions of them at that age in "a reality in which things went bad".
- Oda reveals that Gear Fourth does not render Luffy immobile and that he would have moved on his own in Dressrosa if he hadn't encountered his allies and decided to reserve his strength.
|Magazine Version||Volume Version||Explanation|
|Chapter 891, page 4|
Correction: Flampe's position among the Charlotte Family daughters is fixed.
|Chapter 891, page 8|
Correction: Katakuri's bruises added.
|Chapter 892, page 7|
Change: 載 replaced の.
|Chapter 893, page 8|
Change: にー replaced 兄.
|Chapter 896, page 1|
Change: Hajrudin is position outside of the cover image borders.
|Chapter 896, page 5|
Correction: The sound effects for Pudding's tears are added.
|Chapter 896, page 13|
Correction: Katakuri's wounds added.
|Chapter 898, page 4|
Correction: Tamago's shell pattern added.
|Chapter 898, page 7|
Correction: Sanji's eyebrow direction fixed.
|Chapter 899, page 5|
Change: たと replaced 例.
- The volume's cover is the first, and so far only one, that feature an actual scene from a chapter, in this case, Chapter 895.
- On Oda's Author's Note, he made a reference to Shoichi Yokoi, a World War II Japanese sergeant that remained on the battle field for nearly 28 years. A few days later, after some complaints from readers, Shonen Jump published an apology for those references.
|← Previous Volume||Next Volume →|