072. Appropriate (分相応,Bunsōō?) Arlong attempts to murder Genzo, the village headman of Cocoyasi Village for possessing weapons, but he is saved by Usopp.
073. The Monster from the "Grand Line" ("偉大なる航路"から来た怪物,"Gurando Rain" Kara Kita Kaibutsu?) Zoro has Hachi help him leave Arlong Park. Meanwhile Luffy's group is attacked by Mohmoo a monster from the Grand Line, which Sanji easily defeats. Arlong later returns to Arlong Park and learns Zoro attacked the crew he left there as Usopp is captured.
074. Business (仕事,Bijinesu?) After learning their prisoner was Zoro which causes some doubts towards Nami's loyalty, Nami is forced to "kill" Usopp to prove herself. Meanwhile after using Mohmoo to tow them, Luffy's group arrives in Cocoyasi Village running into Zoro who was on his way to save Usopp.
075. Sea Charts and Fishman (海図と魚人,Kaizu to Gyojin?) Johnny reveals he witnessed Nami kill Usopp which Luffy refuses to believe. Meanwhile a Marine unit sent to liberate Cocoyasi Village is easily defeated by Arlongs top officers, Chew, Hachi, and Kuroobi.
076. Gonna Sleep (ねる,Neru?) After Nami reveals she was never really friends with the Straw Hats, as well as Johnny and Yosaku also leaving out of fear, Usopp is revealed to still be alive as his death was faked. Nojiko arrives offers to explain the circumstances of Nami's situation if the Straw Hats do not interfere any further.
077. One Step of the Dream (夢の一歩,Yume no Ippo?) Though only Usopp and Sanji agree to listen to Nojiko, Nojiko explains about their foster mother Bell-mère and the difficult yet happy life they led ten years ago before the Arlong Pirates arrived shortly afterwards.
078. Bell-mère-san (ベルメールさん,Berumēru-san?) After the Arlong Pirates take over the village and demand heavy taxes for the townspeople to survive, they notice Bell-mère's house, she instead uses her money to save Nojiko and Nami and is killed for trying to attack Arlong.
079. Survive (生きる,Ikiru?) Noticing Nami's skills at cartography, Arlong forces Nami to join his crew. However she later reveals to Nojiko that she made a deal with Arlong to buy back Cocoyasi Village with a large amount of money.
080. A Crime is a Crime (罪は罪,Tsumi wa Tsumi?) A marine named Nezumi who is aware of the large amount of money Nami has confiscates it. Nami realizes Arlong is responsible as he exploited a loophole in their deal as she also learns that the village knew about it the whole time as Nojiko informed them in the past.
081. Tears (涙,Namida?) Realizing they will never be free, the villagers decide to rise up. Not wanting them to die, Nami finally chooses to ask Luffy for help. Luckily, an injured Johnny and Yosaku who learned the truth about Nami earlier stop the villagers and acknowledge only the Straw Hats stand a chance against the Arlong Pirates.