Volume 96 is titled "I am Oden, and I Was Born to Boil".
Cover and Volume Illustration[edit | edit source]
The cover is orange spectrum gradient. The title is written in a mint and pink, and the author's name is written in blue and orange.
The cover features from top to bottom in a clockwise rotation; Whitebeard, holding his Murakumogiri, Jozu, Marshall D. Teach, Kozuki Oden is in the center holding Enma and Ame no Habakiri, Shanks, Buggy, Gol D. Roger, Silvers Rayleigh, and Marco, all of whom appear as they were over 25 years ago. Monkey D. Luffy is standing in the foreground holding Nidai Kitetsu.
The spine features Whitebeard, Oden and Roger.
Author's Note[edit | edit source]
Chapters[edit | edit source]
- 965. The Kurozumi Family's Plot (黒炭家の陰謀 Kurozumi-ke no Inbō?): Oden and Toki fall in love and start a family. However, back in Wano, Orochi is engaging in a plot to usurp the shogunate.
- 966. Roger and Whitebeard (ロジャーと白ひげ Rojā to Shirohige?): The Whitebeard Pirates encounter and battle the Roger Pirates, and in the aftermath, Oden goes with Roger to help him find the final island.
- 967. Roger's Adventure (ロジャーの冒険 Rojā no Bōken?): Oden and the Roger Pirates reach the final island, where Roger finds a treasure left by Joy Boy. The story of Joy Boy makes him laugh, so he names the island Laugh Tale.
- 968. Oden's Return (おでんの帰還 Oden no Kikan?): Roger disbands his crew, and Oden is taken back to Wano. There, he discovers that Orochi has become shogun and had his allies attack Momonosuke, causing him to go and attack Orochi.
- 969. Fool of a Lord (バカ殿 Baka-tono?): Oden is unable to kill Orochi, and is forced to dance naked in the street every week for five years. However, after hearing that Kaido attacked the Hyogoro Family, Oden and his retainers go to fight Kaido.
- 970. Oden vs. Kaido (おでん
vsカイドウ Oden Bāsasu Kaidō?): The Kozuki Family and Beasts Pirates engage in a long, brutal battle, but Kaido eventually defeats Oden. He and the Nine Red Scabbards are then sentenced to execution.
- 971. Sentenced to Boil (釜茹での刑 Kamayude no Kei?): Oden and his retainers are sentenced to be boiled alive, but Oden makes a deal for them to go free if they survive for an hour; he then lifts his retainers over his head while standing in the boiling oil.
- 972. I am Oden, and I Was Born to Boil (煮えてなんぼのおでんに候 Niete Nanbo no Oden ni Sōrō?): Oden survives for the whole hour, but Orochi goes back on the deal. Before Kaido shoots and kills him, Oden throws his retainers out of the pot, allowing them to escape.
- 973. The Kozuki Clan (光月の一族 Kōzuki no Ichizoku?): The Nine Red Scabbards race to save Oden's family from the Beasts Pirates, leading Toki to send Momonosuke and Kin'emon's group forward in time. Denjiro's appearance changes as he is consumed by rage, and he becomes the yakuza leader Kyoshiro to get close to Orochi, before Toki's prophesied time of the final battle.
- 974. Onward to Onigashima!! (いざ、鬼ヶ島!! Iza, Onigashima!!?): In the present day, the Nine Red Scabbards are confronted by a Beasts Pirates fleet, and Kanjuro reveals that he is a spy feeding Orochi information. However, Luffy, Law, and Kid then come to the rescue.
SBS Notes[edit | edit source]
- Oden is given a birthday (February 22).
- Shimotsuki Kozaburo is revealed to have founded Shimotsuki Village. Koushirou is Kozaburo's son and Kuina his grandchild.
- Shinobu's design was originally modeled after the famous Japanese comedian Naomi Watanabe.
- Kawamatsu is revealed to be a Tiger pufferfish fish-man.
- A human version of Brook's sword is shown.
- Some of the members of the Roger Pirates are named.
- The heights and favorite foods of Oden, the Nine Red Scabbards, Shinobu and Izo are revealed.
Volume Changes[edit | edit source]
|Magazine Version||Volume Version||Explanation|
|Chapter 965, page 12|
Change: The Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Yamata no Orochi now has swirls like other Devil Fruits.
|Chapter 965, page 17|
Correction: Added Rayleigh's scar.
|Chapter 969, page 4|
Change: Added grandient to Semimaru and Higurashi's introduction boxes.
|Chapter 969, page 6|
Correction: Higurashi keeps the candles when she transforms into Sukiyaki.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|← Previous Volume||Next Volume →|