- Zushizushi (ずしずし?) is a Japanese onomatopoeia that describes a "thump" or "thud" sound, representing the footfall of something heavy (e.g. stomps of sumo wrestlers).
Strengths and Weaknesses
Whoever eats from this fruit is granted the power to create gravitational forces of extreme potency. The ability user is able to move about living things and objects with little effort, ranging from debris to send flying against an enemy in smaller or massive numbers, to a massive battleship. The range of the generable gravity field appears incredibly big, as it can pull down meteors from the highest of skies (possibly the outer atmosphere, or even space itself).
Able to have their gravity go in any direction, even horizontal, as demonstrated by Fujitora, the user can move about matter with precision, effectively granting a form of telekinesis. By negating natural gravity and forcing things upward to navigate in midair, flight can be simulated, as shown by Fujitora making either himself fly on a small rock platform or levitate himself alongside his men on a ship. He is also able to manipulate multiple different gravity fields simultaneously, as seen when fighting Luffy at the end of Dressrosa Arc, where he kept vast amounts of rubble floating across an island-wide scale while attacking him with offensive gravity wells.
However, it seems that his gravity powers can be disrupted by attacking Fujitora himself, shown when Roronoa Zoro used a projectile slash to interrupt the admiral from keeping him held in a gravitational pin, enabling Zoro to escape from it. Additionally, people and objects are capable of resisting the gravity if they are physically strong enough to maintain a hold on their current location. Other than that, the user is also affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Fujitora is shown creating gravitational forces (portrayed as circles of transparent energy, purple-colored in the anime, connecting to his epithet) of various intensity, direction, and purpose, especially combat-oriented, and usually unsheathes his sword to do so (suggesting a possible, so-far unspecified connection between the weapon and his powers). Prominently in battle, Fujitora is seen employing downforces of gravity to press opposition against the ground with varying degrees of power, from using such heavy force as to crack, cave in, and deeply crater the earth as well as keep physical powerhouses fully restrained (or just barely able to move, let alone stand) to using just enough gravity to keep a physically weakened person pinned down and immobilized. Another feat that is seen done repeatedly by the admiral is the summoning of meteorites from high up in the sky (though unknown from how far), even if just as a "test" of his abilities.
Apart from that, Fujitora can reverse the flow of gravity to create an attack-repelling field around him, akin to a circular barrier. He can also, by negating the normal downforce of gravity, levitate free-lying objects around him and control them, even incredibly huge amounts, such as when he had rubble float up high across the entire island of Dressrosa. If targeting fewer objects to make float, his precision increases, shown when he uses his ability to move through the air such materials as a battleship or rock platform to stand on and fly. Though this power of levitation resembles that of the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi used by Shiki, unlike the latter, Fujitora is not hindered by the necessity of having to touch a given target beforehand, and he can target both the living and inanimate.
- Gravito (
重力刀Gurabitō?, literally meaning "Gravity Blade"): Fujitora's signature technique. Fujitora can manipulate gravitational forces by channeling his Devil Fruit's ability through his sword, sending gravitational forces by swinging or just simply moving his weapon. The direction of the gravitational forces can be upwards, downwards, or even sidewards, usually just one at a time. The technique was first used against thugs of the Donquixote Pirates by generating a deeply ground-cratering downforce of gravity. However, this technique was not named until his fight against Sabo. This is called Gravity Blade in the Viz Manga and FUNimation adaptations.
- Moko (
猛虎Mōko?, literally meaning "Fierce Tiger"): Fujitora generates immense levels of gravitational forces around him that push out horizontally, which knock away anything in its path, including his enemies, buildings, trees, and whatever else that is unfortunate enough to be in the attack radius. The force is so strong that it easily destroys the ground and buildings, reducing them to rubble. While using this technique, the gravitational force generates black lightning as a visual effect around Fujitora. It was first used against Sabo. This is called Raging Tiger in the Viz Manga and FUNimation adaptations. The name of this technique is a reference to Issho's epithet, Fujitora, which means "wisteria tiger".
- Moko (
- Jigoku Tabi (地獄旅 Jigoku Tabi?, literally meaning "Hell Journey"): Fujitora slices through a large group of enemies over a wide area, then as he sheathes his sword it causes a powerful downward force of gravity sending them down into a massive crater. It is dubbed Trip to Hell in Pirate Warriors 3. Fujitora has used a form of this attack in the manga to force opponents into a crater, but he does not slice through them to do so unlike in the anime and Pirate Warriors 3.
- Abare Himatsuri (あばれ火祭り Abare Himatsuri?, literally meaning "Raving Fire Festival"): Fujitora stands on a piece of rock and levitates it into the air and flies across the battlefield, raining a storm of meteorites in his wake. It is used and dubbed as Festival of Furious Flames in Pirate Warriors 3.
- This fruit is very similar to Shiki's Fuwa Fuwa no Mi, as both revolve around manipulating gravity. While this fruit's power is centered more around pulling and propelling objects in certain directions, Shiki's fruit is more akin to telekinesis.
- This also makes it similar to the Yami Yami no Mi, however while the Yami Yami no Mi merely generates powerful gravity using its darkness, Issho can both fully create and manipulate gravity itself.